Thursday, April 15, 2010

Extremism *Red Ring Of Death*!!!

Extremism, from the word itself we can easily analyze its root word which is extreme! In my context of discussion, I am not referring to the word extremism only in terms of politics and religion, but other things as well. Extreme in terms of what? Well, almost anything actually.. Your ideas, actions, behavior and many more can lead to extremism (In my context of meaning of course). For the fun of it, lets just further see into this "extremism" that I am pretty sure everyone already knows about. How do people perceive extremist? Positively? Negatively? For example from your point of view how do you describe those bodybuilders who extremely workout like crazy to an extent that they intentionally use many bad methods of increasing their muscles such as excessive use of steroids and avoid drinking water so that the muscles can be easily seen? Even the professionals in bodybuilding agree that it is not healthy for the heart and the body. But why do they do so? They call it "passion"... How do you argue with people like that I wonder? There are many others who extremely participate and overdo the stuff that they are doing and I think I should list some of them and see how you guys perceive these extremist in your very point of views.
Okay, I'm not going to list much but lets start off by mentioning the most sensitive issue which is religion (so that I can get over with this as soon as I can, but still I want to mention it). Many of us know about this extremism which is clearly happening in Islam itself in this contemporary world we are living in. For example, we can call those who suicide-bomb themselves to kill enemies of their country and religion as an act of extremism in jihad. I wonder why they actually need to sacrifice their own lives to kill their enemies? Is it not possible to simply throw the bombs at the enemies instead of bombing yourself? That way I think you could actually kill more, but who am I to judge? I'm not living in their harsh condition, but I just wanted to share the thought.
Also, there are many Ula ma' I see nowadays successfully preach and teach the religion of Islam to many others... But some of them do these to an extent that they abandon their families... Why is it that some of them do all these preaching but not properly guiding their own families? It is fairly common to know about those Ula ma' who do all these, but their children do many things that God forbids. Is it not the father's responsibility to guide his own family? Is this kind of person actually qualified enough to preach to others without firstly fulfilling his own responsibility as a father? What makes thing worse is that he himself knows the bad condition his family is in but does not do anything about it. Isn't it a basic knowledge for a Muslim to know that one should not abandon their family but instead guide them to the way of truth? I call this an act of extremism because they are too focused doing other things to an extent of abandoning their MAIN responsibility as a Muslim, a Man, and a Father. But who am I to judge, I just want to share my opinion.
Of course, there is also another interesting fact to be shared with you all. Have you ever heard about those people who dedicated their life only to pray and such to an extent that they totally ignore about the worldly matters. Living only in the Surau and Masjid and such. Because they say that all these things on earth is simply "duniawi", in other words is just a physical world with materials that is not of importance to Muslims. Firstly I would like to ask, is it not known that Islam is a well-balanced religion which is not extreme? In the Qur'an itself states that a Muslim should balance their deeds in both their responsibilities in spiritual matters and the physical world itself. Islam is not an extreme religion whereby people should simply ignore their life on earth and only devote themselves to religious deeds while abandoning their responsibility as a Muslim on earth as well. This is the type of extremist which I know not what to say. Owh and yeah, do you know that people actually complain that these type of people actually smells bad? I heard this from many UIA students. Some of them who are like this, I believe that their ways are totally wrong... Because obviously Islam is a religion which focus on cleanliness as a priority... Can you imagine a person who actually plans to meet God (through prayers) in an unclean and dirty manner? That's just wrong. From my point of view of course, just sharing opinion, not judging.
Yay! Enough with religious matter, lets move on to other extremist that exist on the face of this earth! Nowadays I see many youngsters who have visions and dream that is very high and ambitious... Which is childish... To be more specific, allow me to give an example... There are people that I know who have high ambition to change the political system and respect politics almost over everything! In other words, Political-addict... Yes, they say that politics are not dirty, it is very important due to the fact that it affects our life in almost every way, in Islam itself also it states the importance of politic, to defy that is to defy Islam itself... Wow... Firstly I would like to ask them, why is it that they are suddenly inserting religious facts in order to protect politics from being referred to as "DIRTY" and "CORRUPTED"? Since when does Malaysia practices "Islamic Political System"? (which is the only political system that I respect). Since Malaysia does not practice the political system that Islam has provided to us, it is simply irrelevant to actually use religious facts to be applied to MAN-MADE political system which is clearly DIRTY and CORRUPTED. If they say politics are dirty only because we perceive it that way then I say they are blind. Clearly the politics in Malaysia are corrupted... I mean like, duh~! OBVIOUSLY speaking... Those who remain in power is corrupted, those who are nice have no powers at all, that is what happen when you follow the man-made political system, it is full of flaws and weaknesses. Okay, push that all aside... These dudes actually think they can make a change to the current political system and change it to the religious political system. I mean, I know it is what everyone should do, but... Seriously, Malaysia? I don't believe most of the Muslims are actually dedicated to Islam enough to actually accept the change due to the fact that they fear the severe punishment in terms of Islamic law... Even IF they are ALL dedicated enough, what about other major races such as Chinese and Indian? Do you really think they will accept that change? I BELIEVE this will only result to more dangerous CONFLICTS.. The government can only do so much in this kind of county, for others to only DREAM to make a change without seeing the actual reality of its impossibility and consequences of change are...... childish.
Lets move on to the Extremism which is clearly happening in the world of parkour and freerunning... Okay... David Belle say that flips are not parkour... But yet he still does them... This clearly means that parkour is parkour, but doing flips are permissible... Who says if we tag the video as parkour, we cannot insert flips in them? What the hell? Even the founder himself David Belle insert flips in his videos and nobody says a thing about it... He is just a dude, I believe his philosophy has its own weaknesses, why must everyone devote themselves to his philosophy as if its a religion? Its just a philosophy made by a dude who so happens to be the first guy to have found Parkour... For God's sake many people are actually quarelling and arguing with each other about it! Since when parkour has became politics? Okay, it is clear! Parkour is parkour, flips are not but yet it is permissible... Why the hell must other "extremist" in parkour actually mock other people's video when they do flips? That's just stupid! He is simply following David Belle's method, thats all... These people who do flips do not even actually say flips are parkour, but yet people are mocking them just because they insert flips in them... Now, parkour is parkour.... Pakour with flips is Freerunning... This stupid argument actually goes on to an extent that they have to generate a new term just to allow flips... Just because a dude who so happens to still live with his mommy says so... And he himself does not despise flips.. Ain't that bull?
Yay!! Now I shall end the discussion for this post by ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT THE TITLE OF THIS POST WHICH IS (Extremism *Red Ring Of Death*!!!).... All the things I mentioned above I write because I suddenly want to mention about Extremism in detail... What I actually meant in the title of this post is, I played my XBOX360 too extremely to an extent that my console actually overheated itself and become broken for all eternity... This type of error is called THE 3 RED RING OF DEATH!!!! Yup~! It basically refers to the red light which glows from the xbox360 instead of the usual green... And this happened because I played too much game, which is EXTREME! Which obviously explains the title of this post. Wow, this post actually became off-topic, I like~! Do remember that all the previous things I said are simply my point of views, so do not become all extremist on me and become "haters", okay? Okay~! (damn, blogspot is doing it again, I can't properly make a space between each and every paragraph. I hate it when this happens).
ParasIteIsAnExIstence

24 comments:

mizah-k said...

nothing good comes from extremism.. ur console is a very good example! haha... the best is to have everything in moderation..and no one gets hurt.

Paras|te said...

Lol, u actually read all the things I wrote in this post. How does it feel to have wasted ur time reading such an uninteresting post? XD

oolalala said...

Everything is good for you if done/taken in moderation...including FOOD!!!(Dedicated to Mizah,,ngehehe)

Farid said...

I only read the parkour part. I do agree with you. Parkour is parkour but if the title of a video is parkour doesn't mean there shouldn't be any flips. Most guys(kids) who said that just knew about parkour from the internet and they want to sound "informed" and devoted to the art. But some like me just want to make sure others (especially malaysians) truly understand what parkour really is and it's very different than tricking because lately i see some videos posted by some kids titled parkour something but all i can see are flips and tricks. I got to know from sabree that some tricksters are pissed off when people say that they're practicing parkour when they know nothing about parkour itself.

mizah-k said...

course i read everything.. i'm Mizah.. whadya expect! haha. and i dont think its uninteresting coz i too believe that extremism is a problem in ..it was actually one of those blogposts of mine that never got published. so not a waste of time... ^_^

mizah-k said...

oh and thanks mr johnson! yes yes..i know food pun kena in moderation..

Paras|te said...

@Farid
-Yeah, forgot to mention about that one... Those who actually misinterpret parkour is a different thing, same goes with posers.

@Mizah
-Mizah, go update ur blog nooooow, haha.

@Naqib
-Haha, how was it that u got close with mizah again? Certainly another interesting story for u to share with me

oolalala said...

Ammar, what do u want to know?? hehe

Paras|te said...

@Naqib - Lol, nothing much, I'll just assume you met mizah because of the blogging thingy. How the relationship grows I think mostly it is because of ur personality lol.

oolalala said...

D relationship grows because of my personality??Clarify plz..hehehe

Paras|te said...

Lol, should I even explain that? You yourself should obviously know how naturally friendly you are with people and how addicted you are to reading. Combine both the friendly element and awesome-reading-interest you have... Also COMBINE that with your encounter with Mizah... Lol, I can somehow see how the relationship grows from there =P

oolalala said...

Interesting theory..ermm..actually Mizah and I are classmates since Nilai...=PPPPP...hahhaa and I think ur r'ship with Mizah grows the way like u've mentioned...*Ehem.* cough x3* lol

Paras|te said...

Me? Nah, I'm not addicted to reading much. Only read when I have to. Or things I'm interested with. Also I am not friendly lol. Couldn't understand the ehem2 though.

oolalala said...

The 'ehem2 + cough thing is very explicit, have it deciphered ur own way..ngehheeh...ur arguments made it look like u read a lot though...*bravo!!! lol

Paras|te said...

Lol, couldn't get the meaning though. Things are not always the way people perceive it to be. I only argued about things that I learn and hear from other people mostly. So truth be told, they are the ones who did the reading and I only listen, lol.

mizah-k said...

panjangnye convo!!! yes ammar, a new blog is coming soon.. [by soon i mean like a few days..haha]
and what is up with the *cough* ..i'm right here ya know.. T_T

How I met Naqib: same intake, benls, same class in almost everything.& yes, naqib is friendly, suka tanya banyak soalan so jawab je laaaah!!! :p
How I met Ammar: same class for arabic in short sem but never talked. and then the whole blogging thing.. and discussion on gays..
okaay, habis cerita. :)

oolalala said...

'Naqib suka tny byk soalan'...plus soalan2 y mengawkwardkan org..hehehe

mizah-k said...

sangaat mengawkwardkan orang! but its growing on me so dah biasa dah.. :)

Paras|te said...

Naqib - I still don't get the cough lol. Awkward questions? What kind? Lol.

Mizah - I planned not to talk to anyone from the Arabic class :D. I forgot how I found your blog though...

mizah-k said...

he always ask 'kenapa tak pakai make up?'..'how much money do u get?'.. they are questions most ppl never ask.. my favourite one 'pernah nampak lembu tak?' LOL :)

and i think u found my blog through myspace..right?

and ur still planning to not talk to ppl who was in ur arabic class?:p

Paras|te said...

Lembu? Hahahahaha!!!

My space was it? OOooooo..

And yeah, I still plan to do so. :)

oolalala said...

I asked about the lembu coz I tot she never see one...lol!!! hahaha pnah tgk lembu x Ammar?=P

Paras|te said...

Naqib - Lol, and this lembu suddenly came across ur mind why? You suddenly saw a person looking like one passed you by is it? Lol XD

oolalala said...

hahaha kinda!!!! lol X3