Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Passion

It has been awhile since the last time I acquired an inspiration to write about "something" (which explains why my posts are mostly crap since I force myself to write about anything that comes across my mind)...... Throughout my entire experience of meeting and socializing myself with new people I recently meet since I entered matriculation UIA in nilai, I learned something very valuable I myself refuse to accept previously. What is it am I referring to you ask? Well, I'll give you a friendly hint. The word is passion.

Previously, I usually make fun of people as I go. Let me share with you guys my perception of view towards certain things that we usually encounter in Malaysia. For example.

What do I see when I see dudes playing bowling? I'll tell you what I see, what I see is basically dudes who tend to exaggerate their "focus" and "seriousness" when they are playing the game. Have you ever encountered dudes who play bowling with their serious facial expression attached 24/7? This is not limited to dudes, in fact, this goes towards both male and female of all ages. Let me further describe to you about this kind of people in an attempt to help you understand what kind of people I am specifically referring to. These people usually bring their own bowling balls, bowling shoes, and even their bowling gloves to the bowling alley. Some come and play in groups and occasionally comes wearing the same uniform, some others even come and play alone. So??? What's wrong with it you ask?? Well, what irritates me is that these kind of people takes the game too seriously to an extent that there is no sign of happiness nor excitement generated by them when they play the game itself. Frequently I see these people play bowling too damn seriously!! They score a strike, they turn around and walks away like nothing happened. When WE score a strike, we turn around and we scream or provoke our friends like crazy! That is how we have fun! This people on the other hand, they bowl, they turn around and claps each other's hand with their serious facial expression and then waits for their next turn. When they get a strike or a miss, they pressure themselves like crazy. This is very sad to look at especially when they come all the way to the bowling alley to play alone. A total waste of money.

That is one of my perception of view towards stuff that we usually see in Malaysia. Second!!! What do I see when I see dudes playing football? What I see is basically dudes chasing a ball all over the field like babies chasing a butterfly. They kick the ball into the goal, and then they rejoice. When they lose or even encounter some minor foul or foul play, they fight and quarrel with one another. Those are football players, what about the spectators? Now, the real shits happen it the spectators seat, not in the football field. Spectators provoke one another like crazy and fight each other like crazy by observing the performance of those who actually plays football down there on the field as reference. Winning = Provoke | Losing = Accumulate anger. Previously, I saw these people as simple idiots who have nothing to do. I relate this people with old people who usually talks and complain about politics like crazy but towards the end are capable of doing nothing to change anything about it.

These negative perceptions I have are endless. Basically, this view of mine basically under-grades the passions of other people.

But ladies and gentlemen, one of the most important thing that I had learn in life is basically to not undermine and criticize the passion of others no matter how stupid and pointless it may appear to you. You might think that collecting stamps and coins are simply a waste of time and energy, but to others it might be their main purpose of living their lives on earth. We never know.

You see, each of us have our own passion and each of us easily gets irritated when our passion is being undermine by others, especially others who are not qualified to. I myself encounter this feeling when I see idiots out there questioning my reason of doing what I am doing which is basically parkour.

"Why are you doing this? Are you not afraid?"
"What if you fall?"
"Don't invite trouble to your parents"
"Stop doing this before its too late, once accident occurs, you can never turn back"

Shits like this, I hate the most.

You see, each and every one of us have our own stand in protecting our passion. Without passion, fabulous + marvelous + fantastic + amazing + spectacular + etc things in life would not have come into existence like we see around us today.

Let me show you how STUPID it actually is to undermine the passion of others.

Painters/Artist = What a waste of time, just take a picture idiot.

Photographers = Why waste so much time on taking a picture of something we can simply see in front of our eyes? What a waste of money on expensive cameras.

Golf = Why waste so much money on hitting a ball?

Basketball = Why waste so much energy on dunking a ball in a ring?

Why this? Why that? Why bla bla bla bla..... Stop with this pessimistic + narrowed view in life. We never experience, we never know. If one does not know anything, one should simply shut their mouth. Respect others in a way that you want to be respected.

Previously I have this negative perspective in life, but now everything has changed. I tried putting my self in other people's shoes. I tried playing football, I tried being a spectator.... Guess what? It is highly exciting and fun. When you play football, the sensation you get when you score a goal is highly satisfying. It almost feels like you managed to take a poop after holding it in for an entire month, lol. As far as being a spectator is concerned, like I said folks, the real shits happen in the the spectators' seat, not in the field. The intense sensation you feel when you observe feels 2x better compared to actually playing the sport itself. Plus, it is better since all you do is basically sit and relax aside from complaining in the process, lol.

(As far as bowling is concerned, I have tried playing it but I still don't get why people have to be a party pooper by being overly damn serious about it)

Passion is a powerful tool in a life, passion alone is capable of giving meaning and utmost dedication to a person's life. Respect is the pick lock, understanding is the key.

Paras|te|sAnEx|stence

2 comments:

Keyrana said...

ammar dah besar. yeay!

Iwan said...

Wee~ Always inspiring to read ur posts!